TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS AND SUPPORT
The Reading Network uses the internet, webconferencing software and learning software to conduct instructional sessions online.
Clients are required to have the following technology to use our services:
– a high-speed internet connection
– a laptop or desktop computer
– a built in camera or a webcam
– Windows, Mac or Linux platform
– a current version of Java, available for free download
– frequently required: a set of earbuds or a headset for sound quality and improved student focus
– browser versions compatible with Cisco WebEx Meetings system requirements, available at this link for review: https://support.webex.com/MyAccountWeb/systemRequirement.do?root=Tools&parent=System
– Chrome is the preferred browser for some of our activities, available for free download
– IMPORTANT: Run a test meeting at http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
Note: If younger students are wearing earbuds or a headset, the student’s parent is required to participate by calling in to the web-conference using their own telephone and long-distance plan.
– a live technology check with our staff, prior to assessment to ensure you have the technology required to have a positive, successful experience (20 minutes)
– support from our webconferencing service provider and our staff to solve technology issues
To sign up for TRN News go to the Contact page.
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY
I understand that special circumstances are unavoidable and a rescheduling may be necessary. If you know you have an upcoming conflict, please cancel and reschedule your appointment 24 hours in advance. If you need to cancel at the last minute, due to illness for example, please call 519-372-5674, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will attempt to reschedule your appointment within the next week, but will reimburse or credit your account, if unable to do so, or if you prefer to non rebook the session.
I am not seeking additional practioners at this time. Please check again for future opportunities.