Overview of tutoring services to develop reading and writing skills to:
- achieve grade level
- catch up to peers
- reach full potential
- improve self-confidence
- stay in the comfort of home for sessions
- no need to travel downtown, to another community, or another school to get the specialized reading and tutoring help you need
- I connect via high-quality, easy to use web-conferencing software and use helpful e-learning tools
- no distractions
- visit my home office in South Bruce Peninsula
- 40 km north of Owen Sound
- 11 km west of Wiarton
- 13 km north of Sauble Beach
I serve students from early readers on up. Students are assessed to determine their present reading level and mastery of skills and instruction is designed to meet their needs. Skills addressed may include phonemic awareness, blending, spelling, word knowledge, word skills, and comprehension. Students are supported to learn and effectively use of a variety of reading strategies to decode and comprehend written material. Homework can be provided.
Designed for students who want to gain skills in all four stages of the recursive writing process. A highly individualized program that will help your child generate ideas, plan, draft, revise, edit and publish their written work. I plan personalized instruction and support that draws on my experience as a K-12 teacher, a published author, a former participants in the Authors in the Schools Program (CCBC) and presenter of seminars on the writing process.
Questions about services? Please contact me.
For more information about fees for services, click here.