Do you have a child with a reading problem? Are you looking for some helpful and guiding information? Check below at our list of resources for parents.
- Reading Difficulties, The Reading Network
- One-to-One: The Gold Standard for Reading Tutoring Methods, The Reading Network.
- Phonics: An Essential Part of Helping Readers Catch Up, The Reading Network Website.
- Dyslexia: Slow Reading, Speedy Thinking by Janet Hunter, Ottawa Citizen, October 17, 2013.
- Target the Problem, Reading Rockets Website.
- Common Myths About Dyslexia, The Canadian Dyslexia Association Website.
- Symptoms of Dyslexia, The Reading Rescue Ontario Website.
- Dyslexia: Five Common Myths, by Don Butler, The Ottawa Citizen, May 29, 2014.
ADULTS AND DYSLEXIA
- Adult Self-Assessment Tools: Are You Dyslexic? The International Dyslexia Association Website.
INDIVIDUAL EDUCATION PLAN AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Parent Guide to IDEA, National Center for Learning Disabilities Website (U.S.)
- A Parent’s Guide to the IPRC and IEP, Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (CANADA)
- Special Education in Ontario, The Ministry of Education and Training Website. (CANADA)
- Help your child with dyslexia use assistive technology to succeed in school, by Jamie Martin, Assistive Technology Consultant and Trainer, retrieved from Expert Beacon, 2014 (U.S.)
- The Case For Online Instruction, The Reading Network.
- Assistive Technology: Tools That Help With Learning, Understood Website.
- Is E-Reading to your Toddler Reading Story Time, or Simply Screen Time by Douglas Quenqua, NYTimes, October 12, 2014.
GREAT WEBSITES IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR CHILD’S READING AND LEARNING
- Understood: For Learning and Attention Issues
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (U.S.)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Canada
- Reading Rockets
- International Dyslexia Association
- International Dyslexia Association Ontario Branch (CANADA)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (CANADA)