A list of resources for professionals related to reading difficulties and effective reading intervention:
- Perspectives on Dyslexia by Linda Seigel, Ph.D, Paediatrics and Child Health, Nov 2006; 11(9): 581–587.
- Reading Difficulties, The Reading Network website.
- One-to-One: The Gold Standard for Reading Tutoring Methods, The Reading Network blog.
- Phonics: An Essential Part of Helping Readers Catch Up, The Reading Network blog.
- Dyslexia: Slow Reading, Speedy Thinking by Janet Hunter, Ottawa Citizen, October 17, 2013.
- Brain study shows dyslexia impacts mathematical processing, Medical News Today website.
- Target the Problem, Reading Rockets website.
- Common Myths About Dyslexia, The Canadian Dyslexia Association website.
- Tips for Teachers on Accomodating Dyslexia in the Classroom, National Center for Learning Disabilities website.
- An Examination of Problem Behaviors and Reading Outcomes in Kindergarten Students by Shanna Hagan-Burke, PhD, The Journal of Special Education, January 29, 2010.
- Brain Scans Map a Pathway to Reading and Dyslexia Diagnosis, Psychology Today link, Published on October 9, 2014 by J. Richard Gentry, Ph.D. in Raising Readers, Writers, and Spellers
ADULTS AND DYSLEXIA
- Adult Self-Assessment Tools: Are You Dyslexic? The International Dyslexia Association website.
- Strengths vs. Challenges in the Workplace, National Center for Learning Disabilities website.
INDIVIDUAL EDUCATION PLAN AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Parent Guide to IDEA, National Center for Learning Disabilities website (U.S.)
- A Parent’s Guide to the IPRC and IEP, Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (CANADA)
- Special Education in Ontario, (FOR TEACHERS) The Ministry of Education and Training website. (CANADA)
- The Case For Online Instruction, The Reading Network blog.
- Assistive Technology: Tools That Help With Learning, Understood website.
WEBSITES RELATED TO READING AND LEARNING PROBLEMS
- Understood: For Learning and Attention Issues (U.S.)
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (U.S.)
- Reading Rockets (U.S)
- International Dyslexia Association (CANADA and U.S.)
- International Dyslexia Association Ontario Branch (CANADA)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (CANADA)